- NEPOTISM: He gives CITY JOBS to his children! : Merriam Webster defines Nepotism: favoritism (as in appointment to a job) based on kinship. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/nepotism I don’t know another way to call it. What Tommy did by signing executive orders to hire his children is Nepotism. Now folks say it’s OK because a lot of small businesses do it, and if you had a store wouldn’t you give you child a job? Answer YES but again that’s my store not yours. THE CITY OF WILKES BARRE is our store TOMMY not yours. Therefore you cannot just hire your children. That’s not only a BAD thing. It’s an illegal thing. For clarification the C.A. Leighton Co. is your store. Do with it what you will.
- CRONYISM: Merriam Webster defines Cronyism: partiality to cronies especially as evidenced in the appointment of political hangers-on to office without regard to their qualifications. http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/cronyism How many city officials can we say this about?
- Defiance for the LAW: The Citizens Voice reported that Wilkes-Barre Mayor Tom Leighton and Kingston Mayor Jim Haggerty were campaigning May 17 inside the polling location at Kistler Elementary School in Wilkes-Barre.I can personally attest to this as I was campaigning outside that same polling location that day, and when I mentioned it, I was told to shut up. You should all know by now that’s the one thing I simply will not do, and neither should you. Never SHUT UP, and never PUT UP!!!!
- Understand this, NO 1, and I mean NO 1 is above the LAW, and you guessed it not even our illustrious corrupt MAYOR!!!
- Travel & Tourism: How many citizens of Wilkes Barre have felt the need to stay in a hotel in Clarks Summit because the drive is simply to taxing? We have City Officials doing just that paying over $100 a night at The Inn at Nicholas Village, and for what? That’s just 28 miles less than 40 minutes travel time, and we needed a hotel.
Phone: (570) 587-1135
Distance: 28.41 mi Time: 37 mins
1. Start at 1101 NORTHERN BLVD, SOUTH ABINGTONTOWNSHIP going toward S ABINGTON RD - go 0.4 mi
2. Take ramp onto I-476 S toward PENNA TURNPIKESOUTH (I-81)/BINGHAMTON (US-6 E)/WILKES-BARRE - go 0.4 mi
3. Take the BINGHAMTON/WILKES-BARRE exit onto I-81 S toward US-6 E/WILKES-BARRE - go 23.4 mi
4. Take exit #170B/WILKES-BARRE onto PA-309 N - go1.8 mi
5. Take exit #2/WILKES-BARRE/CENTER CITY towardW-B BLVD/WILKES BARRE/CENTER CITY - go 0.4 mi
6. Turn Left on N WILKES-BARRE BLVD - go 1.8 mi
7. Turn Right on E MARKET ST - go 0.2 mi
8. Arrive at 40 E MARKET ST, WILKES-BARRE, City Hall
That’s just the tip of the iceberg folks.
Wale Up Wilkes Barre